Pendant Light Ideas
Many people have asked us how they would utilize our brass and copper pendant lights in their homes or businesses. Vintage copper pendant lights are utilized in various different ways. While we’ve seen customers install these lights in their kitchens, bathrooms, porches, and restaurants – we certainly haven’t reached the limit of creative installations of vintage pendant lights.
Here’s 10 tips to help you think about using Nautical Pendant Lighting:
1. Consider the size of the space: When choosing pendant lights, it’s important to consider the size of the room or space you’re lighting. Nautical pendant lights come in a range of sizes, so make sure you choose a size that’s appropriate for the space.
2. Mix and match styles: Don’t be afraid to mix and match different nautical styles, such as brass, copper, and aluminum. This can create a more eclectic and interesting look.
3. Hang at the right height: Pendant lights should be hung at the right height to ensure that they provide adequate lighting and don’t get in the way. Generally, pendant lights should be hung around 30 inches above a table or countertop.
4. Use pendant lights as accent lighting: Nautical pendant lights can be used as accent lighting to highlight certain areas or features in a room, such as a bar area or a display shelf.
Traditional brass pendant lights are often used for restaurant designs. One recent restaurant that used our antique lights is The Chimes in Baton Rouge, LA. Notice how they used the brass and copper pendant lights to accent and set the tone for the rooftop bar, while also having primary lighting throughout the rest of the establishment.
5. Choose the right bulb: Make sure you choose the right type of bulb for your pendant lights. LED bulbs are energy-efficient and you can choose the wattage to allow for softer/warmer light.
6. Create a nautical theme: Nautical pendant lights can be used to create a cohesive nautical theme in a room or restaurant. Consider pairing them with other nautical décor elements, such as ropes, anchors, or ship wheels.
7. Consider the color scheme: When choosing nautical pendant lights, consider the color scheme of the room or space. Brass, copper, and aluminum all have different tones, so choose a color that complements the rest of the décor.
8. Use pendant lights to create ambiance: Pendant lights can be used to create a cozy and intimate ambiance in a room or restaurant. Consider dimming the lights or using multiple pendants at different heights to create a layered lighting effect.
For example, take a look at the wonderful decoration that Strangers and Saints has put up at their bar and restaurant. Strangers and Saints is located in the coastal town of Provincetown, MA. All of the vintage brass pendant lights that are hanging above the bar in the picture below are salvaged nautical lights. This bar utilizes several styles of pendant/ceiling lights that are hanging by chain above the customers.
9. Use pendant lights to highlight artwork: Nautical pendant lights can be used to highlight artwork or other decorative features in a room. Consider placing a pendant light above a painting or sculpture to draw attention to it.
10. Choose high-quality materials: When investing in nautical pendant lights, choose high-quality materials that will last. Brass, copper, and aluminum are all durable materials that can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.