Presenting a Vintage Carlisle And Finch Co. Double Green Fresnel Lens Navigation Light, a remarkable piece from the esteemed Carlisle & Finch Co. founded in 1893 by Robert S. Finch and Morten Carlisle in Cincinnati, Ohio. This company later became a rare global producer of searchlights by 1917.
As a green side light, this navigation light is typically mounted on the right side of the bow during voyages between sunset and sunrise or in periods of restricted visibility.
Overall, this double-stacked light is in good condition, with both green fresnel lenses in excellent shape. The painted brass frame around the lenses shows some weathering, likely due to its time at sea. The top and bottom of the light feature the Carlisle And Finch Co. name, and one side holds a plaque with the inscription: CARLISLE & FINCH, Cincinnati Ohio, USA., NL1528XA and the word number.
This nautical artifact emits vintage charm, adding character to any room it graces.
Width: 10 1/2″
Fresnel lens Height: 5 1/4″ each
Mounting Brackets: (2) 3″ x 1 3/4″
Weight: 28 lbs.
We have hard wired it out of one of the side conduits.